Thursday 30 December 2021

2021 Roundup and Future

 

Another fairly productive year for me, lets have a look at the round up of 2021. 

Firs of all - what did I paint. The answer is:

376 Minis of all sizes and scales. So overall, down on 2020 by just over 50 minis. That I think is due to two things - there was a lot of 10mm in 2020 (quicker to paint) and my usual summer hobby slump was very bad this year. Still, that's over a mini a day so I can't complain.


Hobby Bingo wise, that gave me:

30 boxes complete - 300 points

5 lines compete - 250 points

For a grand total of 550 points. Sadly, I didn't complete the grid but that was never very likely due to the fact it contained kitbashed minis and scenery - not something I do very much of. 


Where do we go from here? Well, first off here is the traditional update on the Christmas Haul:




Gives you a very clear idea of what I want to get into next year. I have always wanted to do Lord of the Rings, though these will be for the mass battle "War of the Ring" rather than the skirmish game. I also want to start work on a personal Napoleonic big battle project. The main choice on that will be scale - 10m, 18mm or 28mm? I suspect, in true wargamer style, the answer will end up being all three!


I am terrible at keeping to targets and plans but here is my rough guide to 2022:

- Complete 600 minis (aim high!) 

- Do more of my personal stuff (of last years 376 minis, only 75 were for me)

- Get a games table sorted out finally.

- Buy less than I paint (even if the pile of shame only goes down by a few models, I'll call that a win!)

- Continue with two blog posts a month. 


Not grand ambitions for some, but for me, that's a good guide to work to. We shall see how long it lasts into 2022.


To all my readers - thanks for tagging along on my sometimes sporadic blogging. I hope you all had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. 



5 comments:

  1. War of the Ring sounds like a great idea. As I recall it was a very easy system to play larger battles with, was interested in it back when it came out. No-one else round me was so it never gained traction round here.

    You goals for 2022 sound good, I've got my own list which I'll be posting in due course, but I don't think either of us will be doing Hobby Bingo next year.

    I hope you have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to do War of the Ring for years, lets see if my motivation holds out for this project.

    I did enjoy Hobby Bingo and it was nice to actually complete something like that over the entire year.

    Happy new year and I look forward to your 2022 hobby updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit to being tempted by a lot of the newer sculpts, especially Gandalf his latest model is fantastic.

      If you ever need someone to lead the Rohirrim in a charge I volunteer.

      Delete
  3. A one figure per day painted, not too bad, not too bad. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete