Wednesday 22 December 2021

Jumping Around History

 

As the title suggests, the second half of November saw two very distinct periods.

 

First up, I cleared anothe set of minis that have been lying around far too long. I think I got this German Heavy Mortar as a Christmas present sometime around 2014. It got assembled a year or so ago and then say on the WIP shelf for far too long. Pleased to say that when I got it down and set to work, it was a quick paint job and a nice distraction from wading through 144 French Napoleonics:

 


It's cetainly not a ground breaking paint job but it's completed, and in the amy. It even saw action the other day. In time honoured tradition of fielding newly painted minis, it did nothing and died quickly! The figures are all Warlord in metal. 


The other minis squeezed in at the end of November was the second battalion of French:




All very blue! It's fair to say that with Napoleonics you have to strike a balance between the paint job and the time it takes. You could spend ages on these with multiple layers of blues, some transition on all the white straps and other touches, but not sure how you'd ever get an army done. These guys are avergaing 45 minutes a man and I am half way through the four battalions. The figures are all Perry Miniatures metals.

I now have a busy desk with about 107 minis on it - a mixture of the remaining French, some more of Sigmar, some Napoleonic British and  a small smattering of 10mm. I have set a target of all of those done by the end of Janary - a tall order! I am also not sure how much will be done in December. It appears some kind of lock down may be coming which I have to say could easily hamper or hinder painting depending on what they do with schools. 

In any case, I shall have at least one more post this month for your reading pleasure, so don't forget to check back later. I hope all my readers have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.

1 comment: