However, I have finally finished one of my three half tracks - my first Bolt Action armour. Here are some general shots:
Front and back shots. I did neglect the inside a little bit. I meant to heavily weather the inside foot area to represent all the ware and tear but forgot until quite late in the game and decided not to risk making a mistake. Finally, a close up of the weathering:
Essentially the techniques I have used after the base layers was sponge chipping, some oil washes then streaked before adding mud around the tracks and wheels. I then splattered some fresh mud up the side of the tank.
It's all been a good learning experience, and I feel ready to tackle the next one and maybe vary the weathering a little bit.
In the pipeline is another blog post within a week and some more grenadiers. Progress is being made!
As always, more regular updates on my facebook page, A Cardboard Fortress. Feel free to give me a like.