Sunday 7 February 2021

Galmoy's Regiment Completed

 

As part of the ongoing work to get the Irish Brigade done I mangaed to finish the Galmoy Regiment back in January. 

Quick overview: The Irish Brigade I am working on is five regiments strong and represents the Brigade in French service during the War of Spanish Succession. Each regiement is 21 strong and they are based for a game system called "Beneath the Lilly Banners." The main difference is the trapazoid shaped base for the command element.

Heres some completed photos of Galmoy's regiment:

 



Like the rest of the regiment it's in red uniforms. However, these have blue facings and yellow lace along with gold buttons to mark them out from the other units, which have green, yellow or white. 

The figures for the whole Brigade are all from the excellent Ebor Miniatures range. This is the second brigade of Ebor minis I have done (I painted some Bavarians for the same client last year) and I do like the figures. I will try and do a review of them one day.

The flags, I think, are stunning. I always get asked about them but sadly they are just provided to me for fitting by the client - I don't know where he gets them from other than to say they are custom made for him. 

Just two more regiments to go which I am hoping to get done in February so stay tuned for an update.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment