Wednesday 3 November 2021

Post Sumer Update

 

I always find that I have a lull over the summer months with the hobby - too much drinking beer in the garden, going away, and generally being busy. However, this summer was a particularly bad one, and whilst I did do some hobby, I totally failed at Blogging.

But here we are to give it yet another go. I am going to try and do just do two posts a month, which will be much more more manageable than trying to update every little thing I do. 

On to the updates. I won't post pictures of everything done over the summer, just the recent stuff. The desk has taken on a very Napoleonic flavour recently.

First off - personal projects. I have started a small British Force for Sharp Practice 2, which I had my first game of recently. I am nearly half way through the force with three units all done:





The idea is to use up some of my Napoleonic's that I had lying around so I didn't have to buy yet more stuff to add to the unpainted pile. As a result, these are mainly Perry Plastics, but hiding in the middle unit is a single Warlord Figure and some Front Rank minis. These are lovey minis and I shall look to get some more of them next year, slightly bulkier than the others but a joy to paint. 

On the commission front, it's the dastardly French. I have no less than four, 36 man Battalions for the 8th Light Infantry Regiment to do. One is now complete:


These are all metal Perry Miniatures and with their all blue uniforms are a joy to paint. I am already well into the second battalion as we speak. 


Finally, where are we with the Hobby Bingo:


Well, I have marked off all the "Unit" boxes and anything else I can with the units above. I have also just realised I have missed a box (the "any model" box on the bottom), so I am currently at 13 boxes done, so 130pts. I have been hampered by the fact most of my painting this year has been big historical units and very few characters or vehicles. I was never going to finish the whole grid as I don't paint terrain but I do have a few characters in the works so I am hoping to close off a few more boxes before the end of the year. 

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff.

    Why not change the terrain boxes for other unit boxes?
    You'd be able to complete the grid that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be an option, I supposed a 36 man battalion is about the same effort!

      Delete
    2. Sure it's an option, as you said they take about the same effort.

      Your Napoleonics are really nice and it would be a shame not to count them towards your grid because of that.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, I do like your gorgeous British!

    ReplyDelete