Sunday 28 November 2021

Mordheim - Sisters of Silence

 

After a busy autumn desk full of Napoleonics, there was a surprising twist to my next bit of painting as I went back to some seriously classic minis!


My main gaming opponent is, like me, an old GW gamer who has mostly fallen out with the current GW crop of games and minis. However, he still has a fondness for the older games and recently has been starting to build up a Mordheim collection. His first faction was to be Sisters of Sigmar and he asked me to paint them for him


I said yes straight away, even though Mordheim is never something I painted or played. I was glad that I did though as he handed over the fist 8 minis and requested a blue and white scheme. It proved to be a nice break from Napoleonics:




This was the test figure I did. The white took a little bit of experimentation, mainly due to the large flat areas but it came out quite well in the end I thought. I really liked the colour scheme and knocked out the rest over the next few days:






I have to say that these minis took me back to a time when GW was at it's peak, in m opinion at least. The sculpts are clean, the detail is amazing and they were just nice and simple to paint. There was not an overabundance of little bits like emblems, bags, detailing etc that really slows you down with the current GW models. For example, I like the look of the Lumineth but the idea of painting them makes me cold - they look way too complicated. These, however, are not. 


I returned them to Steve and he was so happy he has duly handed me another seven and a mercenary ogre as well, which are currently on the desk. Please note - Steve will be basing them himself. 


Hobby Bingo wise, two of these minis are characters so that ticks off two more boxes. I need to work out the points for them another day, but I do believe I have finally crossed off a whole line! 

1 comment:

  1. They look great. I really like the clean lines of the white and blue.

    Is the Mercenary Ogre a proper Mordhiem one?
    Because I always loved that mini.

    ReplyDelete