Sunday 12 April 2020

Blast from the Past



One of this years main projects has been sorting stuff out in the pile of shame. A lot of stuff has been sold on as I have been honest with myself about what I would actually get around to.

The main pile of stuff that has been cleared out has been my 40k stuff. As a former GW boy I had a lot but I have fallen out of love with the game itself despite several attempts on my behalf to reboot myself in the game. As a result over the last year or so I have purged most of my 40k.

Which leads me to this short post. The other day I was clearing the last few things out when I found these two at the bottom of a box:



My old paint scheme was fairly basic and these were already pretty much done. I almost put them on ebay but figured I may as well finish them off since it wouldn't take long. Here is the final result:




I stuck to the basic scheme and the simple basing that 2007 me used to use so they fit with the rest of the army.

This now means I have no unpainted 40k in my collection anymore. Actually, I think I have a half finished ork vehicle somwhere that I really must get done.

Progress wise the desk is awash with Bavarians from the War of Spanish Succession, some 15mm Republican Romans and a couple of Orc and Goblin Spear Chukka's. There all coming along at a fair pace so hopefully there should be some more posts this month. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.
    Does this mean that you still have your guard army?
    As we were planning a classic gaming match before lockdown if you remember.

    ReplyDelete