Tuesday 12 September 2017

Getting Back on Track


Back from the dead!

It's been a while since I blogged, but it's about time I got back on track. I figured a post to get you all up to date was in order. Sadly, it's going to be very wordy post with no pictures of toy soldiers.

So as per my last post, the house move was done and the new man cave sorted out. But I must confess I simply wasn't finding the time for the hobby. This eventually led to a slide in mojo and everything ground to a halt. Fold in the summer holidays, decorating, overtime and general stuff. And not much has been done - I've still not painted a model this year!

I realised that things needed to change, and I am currently trying to make these changes. The biggest decision was to wrap up the business. In truth, it was going well but to the point that it was taking all my spare time. I decided that there was no point turning the hobby into a business if it leaves no time for the hobby! So I am in the process of selling off the stock to make space.

I am also taking a more proactive approach in getting mundane stuff around the house - the chores had built up to such a point that I felt bad even considering doing hobby. I've decided to put aside some of my down time towards clearing this back log.

And finally, I am now taking a more "Project based" approach to the hobby. This will inolve working on things in blocks rather than a unit of this and then a unit of that. I also need to stop buying models, if only because I have too much already and there are other things to spend the money on at the moment.

But where does that leave things I hear you cry? Well, after a tidy up the other day there a load of 28mm British Napoleonics on the desk. My first project will be to paint up a chunk of this. I am aiming for a brigade of 3 line battalions, a small unit of rifleman, a cannon and some generals. I already have one battalion done so my target is to have all that done by the end of this year.

You, dear reader, can at least expect some blog updates coming up. Perhaps not as many as I was managing las year, but at least some here and there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My name in Joseph Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

    Please don’t throw me out the window, and sorry if this sounds like spam, I just wanted to drop a message here say thanks for all of your years in supporting the community and hope it can also continue far into the future.

    Right now we are fighting the battle of looking for other content creators for our website but our reach doesn’t go as far we’d like. We are wondering if you want to help us transform TWG with great pieces of work. We will provide as much value as we can to you, if you decide to take part, and to build a long-term working relationship.

    Your first question most likely is what is it you want from me, or what you want me to do?

    That is up to you to answer.

    Here Is A Link To Explain In More Detail:
    http://www.talkwargaming.com/2017/10/content-creators-wanted.html

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Sincerely,
    Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

    contact: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete